- Master of Science in Statistical Sciences, University of Toronto, 2020 (expected)
- Bachelor of Mathematics, University of Waterloo, 2018
Research & Data Consultant, Global Education Monitoring Report, UNESCO
- June 2020 - Present
- Developed the Adjusted Bayesian Completion Rate (ABC) model to estimate true education completion rates at the primary, lower secondary, and upper secondary levels in conjunction with a team of education experts and statisticians.
- This model is to be adopted as the UN standard for the monitoring of education completion under Sustainable Development Goal 4.
- Currently experimenting with a joint male and female model to study the effects of an additional hierarchy on parameter values and quality of results.
- Producing a dashboard to present model results and findings in a digestible format.
Consultant, Omnia AI, Deloitte Canada’s AI Practice
- September 2018 - June 2019
- Developed a series of SQL scripts and stored procedures to identify and isolate irregularities in the credit card transactions of a major Canadian financial institution. Once identified, reconstructed the transaction histories of the impacted accounts correctly and remediated all accounts accordingly.
- Clustered the population of the Greater Golden Horseshoe at the postal code level using census and other demographic data to enable a federal service to better understand segments of its user base.
Financial Analyst, ONEX Corporation
- January 2017 - September 2017
- Constructed models for decisions involving capital structure, investment, and fund performance.
- Involved in brainstorming, analyzing, and preparing presentations for investor relations efforts, including the fundraising process for ONEX Partners V.
- Explored historical financial data accumulated throughout ONEX’s history to search for undiscovered relationships between various tracked metrics.
Co-op Associate, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- January 2015 - April 2015, January 2016 - April 2016
- Valued public and private investments including equity, debt, and derivative securities.
- Constructed modified Black Scholes models to value exotic options.
Faculty of Mathematics Student Marker, University of Waterloo
- September 2014 - December 2014, May 2015 - August 2015
- Marked weekly student assignemtns for Algebra in Fall 2014 and Calculus in Spring 2015
- Piloted Crowdmark for the Math Faculty before its widespread adoption.
- Software Skills:
- R/RMarkdown: tidyverse (dplyr, ggplot2, etc.)
- Python: Keras, scikit-learn, numpy, pandas
- Simulation: Classical and MCMC Methods
- Applied Statistics: Regression, Time Series, Structural Equation Modelling, Bayesian Inference, Data Visualization
- Optimization: Linear & Non-Linear Optimization, Gradient Based Methods
- Machine Learning: Supervised (Logistic Regression, Random Forests, Support Vector Machines, Neural Networks), Unsupervised (Clustering, Expectation-Maximization)
- See Portfolio for more details.
Mentor, Student Venture Fund, University of Waterloo
- September 2017 - August 2018
- Attended angel network meetings, investment due diligence sessions, and performed research over prospective investee companies.
- Managed the fund and guided new members of the team in their activities.
Senior Analyst, Student Run Investment Fund, University of Waterloo
- September 2015 - December 2015, May 2016 - August 2016
- Modelled the impact of commodity price fluctuations on the movement of energy stock prices.
- Presented findings and valuations to the investment team and portfolio managers followed by Q&A.