- PhD in Biostatistics, University of Washington, 2027 (expected)
- Master of Science in Statistical Sciences, University of Toronto, 2020
- Bachelor of Mathematics, University of Waterloo, 2018
Research & Data Consultant, Global Education Monitoring Report, UNESCO
- June 2020 - September 2022
- Developed the Adjusted Bayesian Completion Rate (ABC) model to estimate true education completion rates at the primary, lower secondary, and upper secondary levels in conjunction with a team of education experts and statisticians.
- This model is to be adopted as the UN standard for the monitoring of education completion under Sustainable Development Goal 4.
- Currently experimenting with a joint male and female model to study the effects of an additional hierarchy on parameter values and quality of results.
- Producing a dashboard to present model results and findings in a digestible format.
- March 2021 - August 2022
- In conjunction with the Human Mortality Database, we are developing a framework to estimate mortality rates within subpopulations such as sex, race or ethnicity, or wealth at the subnational level. Our objective is to understand patterns in the relationships between subpopulations across age groups and over time.
- We have produced complete county-level, sex-specific mortality rate estimates for the US.
- Collaborated with a pharmaceuticals research organization on exploring the application of demographic models to rare disease prevalence estimation in low data contexts.
Consultant, Omnia AI, Deloitte Canada’s AI Practice
- September 2018 - June 2019
- Developed a series of SQL scripts and stored procedures to identify and isolate irregularities in the credit card transactions of a major Canadian financial institution. Once identified, reconstructed the transaction histories of the impacted accounts correctly and remediated all accounts accordingly.
- Clustered the population of the Greater Golden Horseshoe at the postal code level using census and other demographic data to enable a federal service to better understand segments of its user base.
Financial Analyst, ONEX Corporation
- January 2017 - September 2017
- Constructed models for decisions involving capital structure, investment, and fund performance.
- Involved in brainstorming, analyzing, and preparing presentations for investor relations efforts, including the fundraising process for ONEX Partners V.
- Explored historical financial data accumulated throughout ONEX’s history to search for undiscovered relationships between various tracked metrics.
Co-op Associate, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- January 2015 - April 2015, January 2016 - April 2016
- Valued public and private investments including equity, debt, and derivative securities.
- Constructed modified Black Scholes models to value exotic options.
Faculty of Mathematics Student Marker, University of Waterloo
- September 2014 - December 2014, May 2015 - August 2015
- Marked weekly student assignemtns for Algebra in Fall 2014 and Calculus in Spring 2015
- Piloted Crowdmark for the Math Faculty before its widespread adoption.
- Software Skills:
- R/RMarkdown: tidyverse (dplyr, ggplot2, etc.)
- Python: Keras, scikit-learn, numpy, pandas
- Simulation: Classical and MCMC Methods
- Applied Statistics: Regression, Time Series, Structural Equation Modelling, Bayesian Inference, Data Visualization
- Optimization: Linear & Non-Linear Optimization, Gradient Based Methods
- Machine Learning: Supervised (Logistic Regression, Random Forests, Support Vector Machines, Neural Networks), Unsupervised (Clustering, Expectation-Maximization)
- See Portfolio for more details.
Mentor, Student Venture Fund, University of Waterloo
- September 2017 - August 2018
- Attended angel network meetings, investment due diligence sessions, and performed research over prospective investee companies.
- Managed the fund and guided new members of the team in their activities.
Senior Analyst, Student Run Investment Fund, University of Waterloo
- September 2015 - December 2015, May 2016 - August 2016
- Modelled the impact of commodity price fluctuations on the movement of energy stock prices.
- Presented findings and valuations to the investment team and portfolio managers followed by Q&A.